Belize 8 Day Tour Itinerary
Day 1 - Saturday February 5: Arrive in Belize City transfer to Orange Walk.
- Arrive at BZE (Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport), Belize City. We’ll be there at the airport to welcome you to Belize and begin our adventure!
- Transfer to Orange Walk - our home for a night.
- Check in - Our small inn on the banks of the “New River” will give us a head start on our private boat trip along this river to Lamanai in the morning!
- Dinner - Restaurant at the inn.
Day 2 - Sunday February 6: San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
- Breakfast - Restaurant at the Inn
- Lamanai (Submerged Crocodile) Mayan Site
For this unique private guided tour, we will board our boat at Orange Walk and begin our wildlife adventure up the New River until we reach the dock at Lamanai. While at Lamanai, our guide will explain the historical significance of each area and we even have an opportunity to climb the High Temple via the original stairway built by the Mayas.
- Lunch - Orange Walk- traditional Belizean lunch made for us by Elio’s family.
- Transfer to Belize City - The Caribbean Sea is calling!
- Water Transfer to San Pedro (Ambergris Caye).
Although this transfer is necessary to get us to the Cayes, it is a wonderful experience in itself, seeing the various shades of blue, numerous Cayes, and of course the brilliant sunshine and warm ocean breezes.
- Check in - Our host on San Pedro will pick us up at the dock with golf carts and transport us to our beautiful vacation home for the next 3 nights. Our home on San Pedro is steps from the sea and features a rooftop deck (with swimming pool), a palapa for lounging in the shade, and you will witness amazing sunrises and sunsets with our 360 vista.
- Dinner - San Pedro has many amazing restaurants featuring Belizean and North American dishes. We will sample many during our stay here!
- Breakfast - At a small open air restaurant on the beach!
- Walking Tour of San Pedro
This busy little town has everything you would ever need and all within walking distance. Our guides will get you oriented with the layout so you can explore on your own later.
- Lunch enroute
- Sunset Cruise - one of the best vantage points to experience the amazing Belizean sunsets is from the water. Our Belizean guide Laji will take us on a leisurely cruise to position us for an incredible view of the sun sinking into the sea!
- Dinner San Pedro - Time to try another authentic Belizean restaurant.
- Breakfast in house
- Snorkeling Mexico Rocks
Our Belizean guide, Laji, will take us by boat to our first snorkeling location in Northern Ambergris Caye.
- After snorkeling we will pass back through the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef and make our way through a small channel that separates Belize from Mexico. Legend has it that the Mayan people cut this narrow channel to better access the Caribbean Sea. This is part of the Bacalar Chico National Park and Marine Preserve. Once we clear the channel, we make our way to the Bacalar Chico research station to explore, chat with the rangers and have lunch.
- Lunch - A Belizean picnic lunch prepared by Laji (our Belizean guide) and his family.
- Beach Break!
After lunch we will make our way along the western shore of Ambergris Caye and find a secluded beach for a bit of beach time and a swim. On our return to San Pedro we will navigate through the mangroves, through the split, to return back at the dock in front of our property.
FYI … We just completed a circumnavigation of northern Ambergris Caye!
- Dinner San Pedro - our Canadian guides have a favourite restaurant in San Pedro - we will dine there tonight!
- Breakfast in house
- Unscheduled Morning
This time is carved out just for you - we invite you to explore on your own, or just enjoy the beach. Do you remember how to navigate the tiny streets of San Pedro? If not, one of our guides would be happy to accompany you.
- Lunch - on the waterfront.
- Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley/Conch Graveyard Snorkelling Tour
This experience is always a highlight for our guests. A common statement is “It's like swimming in an aquarium”. The aquatic species are abundant and our guide Laji knows just where to find them and point them out for you. These locations are located within the Hol Chan marine reserve. Hol Chan is Mayan for “little channel”.
- Transfer to Caye Caulker - where the motto is “Go Slow”.
Once we have finished our snorkeling for the day, Laji will provide a private boat transfer to Caye Caulker, our home for the remainder of the trip. Before we arrive at our dock in front of our property, we may see if we can get a few tarpon eating out of our hand!
- Dinner Caye Caulker - A quick walk down the beach and we dine at a beachfront restaurant.
- Leisurely Cycling Tour Caye Caulker
With a total elevation of 1m Caye Caulker is a great place to jump on a beach cruiser single speed bike and explore. Our guides will lead you on a leisurely tour of the island, pointing out some features, points of interest, and an amazing fresh fruit smoothie bar that will make your custom smoothie while you wait!
- Lunch - in house
- Stand Up Paddleboarding
A great way to explore Caye Caulker. We will have you sitting, kneeling, and standing as you paddle along the sheltered shoreline. This adventure starts with a lesson to give you the necessary skills to safely enjoy your paddling experience.
- Dinner In house - Donicio, our host at this property, is going to cook up one of his Belizean specialties and he may even show us how he does it!
- Breakfast - in house
- Kayaking the Caribbean
There is nothing better than paddling a kayak on a beautiful, hot sunny day in February! All of our Canadian guides are certified Paddle Canada instructors so once we have everyone comfortable with their kayaks and skills we will head out to explore the blue waters of the Caye. Maybe a circumnavigation of southern Caye Caulker!
- Lunch - we will dine at a unique open air waterfront cafe.
- Unscheduled Afternoon
The afternoon is yours! Here’s your chance to explore on your own or simply relax and enjoy this magical place.
- Dinner in house - We think you will agree after the meal Donico served us last night, he should make a return visit to the kitchen! What will it be tonight? Fresh seafood (lobster?), Belizian Stew Chicken…?
- Breakfast - in house
- Water Taxi to Belize City 9:00am
- Transfer to BZE to catch your flights home!